Trusted Professional Resource Guide:
Although Heather's book offers a comprehensive self-treatment program, we firmly believe the best way to treat pain with intercourse is to involve a team of competent, supportive professional experts. In addition, an initial evaluation by a physician (to rule out medical sources of pain), and a consultation with a physical therapist are highly recommended (and may be necessary) before beginning this, or any other, self-treatment or exercise program.
We strongly encourage you to obtain the services of a qualified physician and women’s health physical therapist with a record of success in treating pain during intercourse to support you on your healing journey. We also urge you to seek help from a licensed professional counselor or sex therapist if you experience emotional issues related to sexuality or intimacy at any point during this program.
Ideally, you will be able to locate these services in your neighborhood; but since that may not be the case, we have created our own contact list of trusted professionals for you. These physicians, therapists, and counselors are available to consult with and treat patients worldwide. Some are available via telephone and Skype sessions, and all of them offer consultation and treatment through in-person office visits.
Each one is well versed in pelvic pain issues and has a track record of success in treating women with pain during intercourse and/or the accompanying emotional and intimacy issues that may develop as a result. If you cannot locate a qualified professional in your area, and don’t feel supported by your current caregivers, don’t hesitate to contact them, and check this page periodically for updates to this list.
- Dr. Andrew Cook, MD (VitalHealth.com) – Los Gatos, CA
- Dr. Abbey Gaske, MD (https://www.abbeygaskemd.com/) -- Torrance, CA
- Dr. Andrew Goldstein, MD (cvvd.org) – New York, NY, and Washington, DC
- Dr. Tamara Grisales, MD (UCLAhealth.org) -- Los Angeles, CA
- Dr. Natalie Moniaga, MD (AlessandroObGyn.com) – Pasadena, CA
- Dr. Peter Pacik, MD (http://www.vaginismusmd.com) - Manchester, NH
- Dr. Kerri Parks, MD (AngelesCrestWomensCare.com) – Pasadena, CA
- Dr. Christopher Tarnay, MD (UCLAhealth.org) – Los Angeles, CA
- Dr. Joshua Gonzalez, MD (https://joshuagonzalezmd.com) - Los Angeles, CA
- Dr. Lisa Valle, DO (https://www.oasiswomenssexualfunctioncenter.org/dr-lisa-valle) - Santa Monica, CA
- Dr. Korostoff, MD (https://www.lesliekorostoffmd.com) - Glendale, CA
- Dr. Iris Kerin Orbuch, MD (https://www.lagyndr.com) - Beverly Hills, CA
- Dr. Laurence Orbuch, MD (https://lagyndoc.com) - Beverly Hills, CA
- Heather Jeffcoat, DPT (FusionWellnessPT.com and FeminaPT.com) – Los Angeles, CA
- Jennifer Briggs, DPT (JenniferBriggsDPT.com) – Newark, DE
- Holly Herman, DPT (HollyHerman.com) – Cambridge, MA
- Stacey Futterman, PT & Associates (http://www.5PointPT.com) – New York, NY and Irvington, NY
- Jessica McKinney, PT & Associates (Marathon Physical Therapy) -- Boston, MA
- Tracey Sher (http://www.sherpelvic.com) - Orlando, FL
- Amy Stein, PT & Associates (BeyondBasicsPhysicalTherapy.com) – New York, NY
- Erin Thibodeaux, DPT (Stretch-Atlanta.com) –Atlanta, GA
- Kathe Wallace, PT (KatheWallace.com) – Seattle, WA
- Erin Policelli (stretchkinetics.com) - Atlanta, GA
- Center for Healthy Sex -- Los Angeles, CA (West LA)
- Amber Murphy, LCSW -- (https://www.ambermurphylcsw.com/) -- Los Angeles, CA (Beverly Hills & Encino)
- Magen Todd, Ph.D. (Meridian Clinical Group) -- Los Angeles, CA (Studio City)
- Maze Women's Health -- Purchase, NY
- Penner & Associates (PassionateCommitment.com) – Los Angeles, CA (Pasadena)
- Expert Compounding Pharmacy (ExpertPharmacy.org) – Shipping available throughout the US
- The International Pelvic Pain Society (PelvicPain.org)
- National Vulvodynia Association (nva.org)
- Dr. Peter Pacik, MD (retired) maintains an updated resource website: (pacikvaginismus.com)
Additional Recommended Reading:
- Jeffcoat, Heather DPT. Sex Without Pain: A Self Treatment Guide to the Sex Life You Deserve.
- Pacik, Peter MD. When Sex Seems Impossible.
- Wise, David, Ph.D. A Headache In The Pelvis: A New Understanding and Treatment for Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes.
- Beating Endo: How to reclaim your life from endometriosis by: Iris Kerin Orbuch, MD and Amy Stein, DPT (https://www.lagyndr.com/news-press/)